- National Assistive Technology Project
A resource of Neighborhood Legal Services, Inc.
State Resource Centers
- Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology (QIAT)
Developers of quality indicators for AT services in school settings
- Illinois Assistive Technology Project
Assistive Technology Project demonstration and loan center
- Texas Technology Access Project
AT funding in Texas, AT resource guide, accessible telecommunications, accessible distance education, etc.
- Technology for Independence: Washington Assistive Technology Act Program
Provides information, networking opportunities, training, and consultation.
- 800 KAN Do IT: Assistive Technology for Kansans
Political and legal issues, equipment loan system and other links
- Montech: Montana's Resource for Assistive Technology Tools and Services
A program of the University of Montana
- Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services
Works in partnership with Texans with disabilities and families with children who have disabilities. Mission is to help Texans with disabilities prepare for and enter the workforce.
- Vocational Rehabilitation for Persons with Physical and Mental Disabilities
Provides vocational rehabilitation for Texans with disabilities
Wisconsin Assistive Technology Initiative
- Colorado Assistive Technology Project
Statewide technology related assistance program
- Oregon Technology Access Program
Adaptive and Technology Access Resources
Directories of Resource Centers
- Neighborhood Legal Services, Inc. - PAAT Directory (PDF)
Lists protection and advocacy agencies by state
- Job Accomodation Network (JAN)
An international toll-free consulting service that provides information on the employability of people with disabilities
- Accommodation Information by Disability: A to Z
For each disability, find online resources and related organizations.
- NARIC Knowledgebase
Use this search page to find more than 3,000 resources ranging from organizations and agencies to periodicals and Web resources. Each listing includes contact information, an abstract, and highlights of the products and services offered.
Other Helpful Websites
- LD Online
Links to an extensive collection of resources on learning disabilities and ADHD—organizations, books for parents, books for professionals, and more.
- Center on Technology and Disability
Assistive and Instructional Technology Supporting Learners with Disabilities
- LD Resources
Front and center on this website you will find thought-provoking commentary on topics related to learning disabilities. Continue far down the right side of the page and you will find links to 21 categories of resources for researchers, educators, counselors, parents, students, vendors, and consumers. And anyone else, too.
- Disability Resources on the Internet
Two of the more useful features on this website are:
- The DRM WebWatcher, hundreds of disability resources selected from the Internet, annotated, and alphabetically arranged by subject for easy access.
- The DRM Regional Resource Directory, which lists thousands of local agencies and organizations, arranged by state and subdivided by topic to help you find the best help available in your state or community.